I had seen this manicure on Pintrest and thought it was super cute, but doubted that it would ever work. It worked! And was surprisingly easy! To try this look you will need: a base coat, a top coat, a light nail color, cotton balls, water, and 10 strips of a magazine article. Now, let me walk you through the steps:
1) Make sure your nails are clean and dry; paint with a great, protective base coat (I used Seche Clear Crystal Clear Base Coat).
2) Paint your nails whatever color you want the background to be. It does not have to be white, but it does need to be something light enough that the newspaper ink will show up (I used Wet N Wild Wild Shine Nail Color in French White Creme #449C).
3) Grab your cotton balls, water, and magazine strips. Make sure the polish is COMPLETELY dry then place a strip of magazine on your nail with the words that you want on your nail facing the surface of your nail. Take the cotton ball, dip it in the water (it needs to be pretty wet but not dripping), and press firmly down on the magazine strip and your nail.
4) Hold for a few seconds then lift the cotton ball straight up being careful not to slide the magazine strip (if it slides too much, the words will appear smudged). Next, peel off the magazine strip.
5) Apply several layers of top coat but be sure to wait until your nail has COMPLETELY dry. If you don’t wait, it will smudge!
YAY! You are all done! If you try this, please let me know how it works for you! Post pictures!