We all have them. Those days where we just don’t feel like getting out of bed. Let alone going to work or school. On these days, we are all guilty of grabbing the most oversized hoodie in our closet, the ole faithful sweatpants, or maybe even those baggy jeans that make you look like you are wearing a dirty diaper. Not to mention the stained sneakers that that seem to unrelentlessly call to us on days like these. We might even resort to the dreaded second-day-hair ponytail or bun that appears to have been formed through either use of brute force or no force at all. Again, we all have these days and, if you say you don’t, liar liar dirty diaper pants on fire!
Since bad mornings are unavoidable, here are a few things that you can do to perk up your look by putting forth the least effort possible.
5. Amp up that lifeless pony by throwing on a headband. It takes minimal additional effort and at least looks like you halfway tried.
4. Go for flats instead of grungy sneakers or flip-flops. There are plenty of comfortable flats out there and it is a must for every girl’s wardrobe. I have a dirty little secret to confess, the comfy flats that I reach for are actually Crocs! Before you cringe, these are not your average Crocs but instead a really cute and oh-so comfortable version. Don’t knock it til ya try it!
$220 – jades24.com
3. Add a cute accessory. A colorful scarf or a chunky necklace can perk up even the most lifeless, old t-shirt.
2. Resist the sweat pant urge and opt for jeggings instead. Jeggings offer the comfort and stretch of sweats or yoga pants, so you aren’t losing the comfort factor. Plus, you look more prepare and ready because you actually put on real pants for once!
1. Add lipstick into your makeup routine or, if you don’t have a makeup routine, be a rebel and try some lipstick! A pop of color on the lips says “I am here and ready to go!” Go for a bold color – it is like an instant confidence boost in a tube.