I can hardly believe it! I am so honored and thrilled to have been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Thank you so much mandymint for nominating me! I am so very grateful that you read and enjoy my blog! I am also very excited to have the opportunity to nominate other blog newcomers for this award and to make them just as happy as mandymint has made me!
This award is all about promoting new blogs and encouraging bloggers to continue writing and expressing themselves. Here is how it works:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
- Make sure the blogs you chose have 200 or LESS followers
So here it goes!
11 random facts about me:
1. I live on a mini farm whose inhabitants include two sheep (Martha and Betty), a goat (Balloo), two horses (a still unnamed buckskin filly and Dusty an Appaloosa gelding), countless chickens, a lionhead rabbit (Kirby), two dogs (Keiko and Kyleigh), three cats (Kip, Kalvin, and Kaydee), and two goldfish.
2. My first name is actually Sarah but I go by my middle name Dannielle. Complicating the situation even more, everyone has always called me Danni.
3. I’m scared of the ocean (but not the beach – aka the sand part), moths, and the dark.
4. I have been riding horses for over thirteen years.
5. My husband is a cop.
6. I was homeschooled (and loved it!) until my junior year of high school.
7. I have worked in fashion retail for going on six years.
8. Unable to suppress my inner nerd, I am always up for some Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, and pretty much any superhero movie.
9. Sweet tea is my weakness.
10. I love to fish.
11. I’m studying English Literature in college and hope to become a high school English teacher!
mandymint’s 11 questions for me!
1.If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
twenty-one. Because you can drink, vote, and drive but you are still young enough to not have to worry about wrinkles our acting too grown up.
2. What is one of your favorite quotes?
This quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson has always been one of my favorites: “It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.”
3. If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
What a cool question! Probably just my childhood backyard with my horses grazing in the lush green grass and the summer sun setting around them. That memory always makes me recall being free, careless, and so very happy.
4. What is your favorite mean?
Wow! That is a tough one because I love food. Probably sushi or chicken and dumplings. Such opposites! I know!
5. What is your favorite fashion brand?
So hard to choose just one! I love Banana Republic for young, professional basics and Forever 21 for affordable, trendy pieces. But if my bank account was filled with unlimited funds I would probably only shop from Chanel.
6. What has been your proudest moment so far?
Marrying my husband. All I could think about was “Yes! He’s finally mine forever!!! Muahahahaha!”
7. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Audrey Hepburn or Betty White (enough said lol).
8. What is your favorite hobby?
9. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
To paint – really good.
10. What is your favorite movie?
Lord of the Rings (hello, again inner nerd).
11. What’s the best/worst gift you have ever given/received?
Best gift ever received: my new horse!
Worst gift ever received: a Christmas sweater. Yup, that type of Christmas sweater.
Now my 11 questions for my nominees!
1. If you were graded on life, in what everyday activity would you receive a F?
2. Fill in the blank: “When I am sick all I want is _____________.”
3. If you could make grass any color, what color would grass be?
4. What is your favorite season of the year and why.
5. What was your favorite childhood cartoon?
6. If you could make money doing anything in the world what would it be and why?
7. What celebrity or public figure annoys you the most and why?
8. What TV game show would you be most likely to win?
9. Fill in the blank: “I love the smell of __________.”
10. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
11. What is your favorite animal at the zoo?
Drum roll please! My nominees:
(sorry if a few have more than 200 followers!)
Thank you again to everyone who reads my blog and thank you especially to mindymint for nominating me! ❤